Thursday, February 24, 2011

Project Proposal


For the Assignment Assignment, I created an assignment that asked students to compose an argument in the form of 1-2 minutes of audio. While I would like to do my project with audio, in following the assignment I designed I would be restricted to only 1-2 minutes to make an argument, and I would like to be able to compose something longer (5-10 minutes). Therefore, I would like to do an audio-based project that would be similar to the assignment I designed, but longer.

Essentially, the argument I would like to make in the form of audio is the argument I make in my conference proposal: oral rhetoric has a place in composition classes and can be revived in new-media composition projects, such as the audio essay. To make this argument, of course, I will need to do a lot of research. I will use the Cynthia Selfe article I reference in my conference proposal, and probably Walter Ong, some of the readings we had this quarter, and other sources I have yet to locate. (My research on this is really just starting).

For the project, I plan on using my own voice, music, sound effects, and clips of other voices. I will need to write a script for this, of course, and so I will be composing in both alphabetic text and sound. As far as programs and equipment go, I will primarily use Audacity for the audio editing and mixing, and I have a microphone built in to my computer at home, a microphone I can plug in, and a digital audio recorder in my mp3 player, which works well.

1 comment:

  1. In comp stuff, try Daniel Anderson; Halbritter, other stuff referenced by Selfe.

    Ong has a long legacy.

    Try compile:

    http://comppile.org/search/comppile_main_search.php

    ReplyDelete