Sunday, January 9, 2011

Introduction

I am Matthew Nunes, and I am a first-year PhD candidate in Rhetoric and Composition at Ohio University. In May of 2010 I completed my Master’s degree (in the same subject) at the University of Louisville. My research interests include the history of rhetoric, 19th-century American rhetoric, classical rhetoric, metacognition in composition, and probably a few other things. It’s all interesting to me. I also love literature, especially 19th century and before, mostly American and British. Additionally, I also dabble in creative writing (or at least have quite a bit in the past). I am currently teaching English 151, which is a lot of fun.

-

About me (non-academically): Aside from the academics, I have two adorable children. My son is almost two, and my daughter was born just over two months ago. They are lots of fun. In my younger days I competed in gymnastics and then equestrian eventing. I am originally from California, the land of everything and expensive living. My hobbies include old-time radio drama and reading. I am also a big fan of my San Francisco Giants, and proudly wear the Giants 2010 World Series Champions t-shirt.

-

I am looking forward to the Computers and Composition class, although I am a bit nervous about some technology. Although I have done some audio and video editing before, using this technology in the classroom as a teacher and student is a bit daunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment